Learn How to Help Animals

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Pretty Much You


Lately, I've been really productive.  Although there is still a little voice inside of me that still does not believe in myself, that little voice of destruction...but I pulled through. 

I've been eating well and healthy. I have not skipped or attempted purging of any sort, I have been very discipline about my snacking and drinking habits. Most of all, I've been starting my night early by doing productive things before bedtime - like writing, reading and painting. 

Today is the day where I feel like writing. Remember when blogging was a thing, everyone would read each other's blog on the daily? I remember feeling jealous of my friend who had a digital camera because she could document her days and update her blog with pictures. My parents were strict, so whatever expenses made were limited to anything college assignment related. So a digital camera was definitely not part of the bargain. I could only blog with words which I eventually grew to love. 

It was like writing a letter to the universe, the moon is my limit! :) 

I hope I'm not the only one who has to listen to that one song that functions as an engine to get my brainjuice flowing? Tonight, that one song is Dream Girl by Anna of The North. I'm absolutely obsessed with this track, I also have a soft spot for a good song with amazing lyrics. Have a listen, promise it's good :) 

In my dream world, 
I'm still your dream girl, 
No if, buts or maybes, 
I'm still your baby

I'm not sure if my current state of mind is causing me to like this song a little more than usual but I do! 

I recently shared a few of my playlist with my friends. If you know me well, I'm not the type to share songs simply because the receiving rate of my song recommendations are really reaaaally low. haha! I can't help it, I don't fancy music on the radio, they are just overplayed and overpaid! 

So anyway, little did I know, this friend of mine happened to like my music.. I'm not sure if it's just him trying to be nice but it did feel good for my music to be liked for once :) I secretly hope that I do not ruin this friendship because he is important now! Lol. (in everyway, really)

        "I pretend to ignore you, but I just really miss you"

I'll admit, I'm not the best at keeping track of friends. The ones that sticks around are the ones that knows me best and no matter how long I go AWOL, they would always alwaysss know when and where to find me, I love that about them! (even though they don't always like my choice of music!) hahah! 

Earlier I mentioned that I've started painting again, So far I've painted 3 portraits and I've only showcased 1 on my social page. I really want to do more but between painting and writing, I really really want to write. 

On inspired nights like these, I usually ignore all social media pings and just let my inspiration flow. So whatever you're reading now, is actually my inner thoughts and secrets only you know. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You held the small of my back 
And whispered in my ears
Don't look back
Let's just live it all 
You know I'll make you mine someday 

You had me at hello 
And I can never let you go now 
There's just something about you
You made my heart attached

I want to talk all night over a bottle of wine
I want to make memories with you
As Howie would say; 
I'm tangled up in you 
Every single second with you is golden 
I miss you a whole lot while you're away 

I think I'm crushing hard for you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's a certain kind of feeling, a feeling that I can't describe, a feeling that I have not experienced before. I don't know what is it. I wish I could tell you but I might ruin it for us. I have a track record of speaking too soon or acting too late. I wish I could find a middle ground. Am I speaking in codes? Good, it should be that way - so my inner-inner-secrets still stays with me. haha! 

At this point of time, mushy love songs are so my thing, oh lawdy! What happened to me!?
I mean who can't relate to, 

  • Stolen by Dashboard Confessional 
  • Collide by Howie Day 
  • You and Me by Lifehouse 

I MEANNNNNNNNNNN! 

Before this post gets any sappier, I shall stop. 
To that person out there, I don't know what the future holds but I know that I'm enjoying the now that we have and this is for you. lol! 



Thank you for loving my music and for being you. 


(secretly stalking you on Spotify, I like that you're exploring my playlist as we speak) 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment