Learn How to Help Animals

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Hold On To Me

A letter from afar, 


As the wind blows 
As the leaves falls 
As the rain pours 
My days feels like forever 
My hours feels like days 
My minutes feels like days 
My days and nights are blurred 
I start to think of you 
What memories I have left of you 
You left your prints in my heart 
And just like that you were gone
You said you will be okay but it may take time
Will it though? Will it ever be okay?  
Had I made a mistake by choosing him instead of you? 
Was I being selfish with my choice?  
I'm sorry that I broke your heart
If I could turn back time, I wished we've never met 
I wished I'd never fallen so hard for you 
You gave me hope of a future 
A future I never once dreamt about 
Had I made a mistake by letting you go? 
I miss you 
I miss my best friend
 I miss my soulmate
Aku patahkan hatimu begitu saja...


We could no longer ignore the elephant in the room, our circumstances were so complicated that we had to eventually make a decision. The distance, the lockdown, the pandemic...how long can we play pretend? Our future is so uncertain, I wished I could wait but I can't. I'm sorry but I love you dearly. You're so special to me. 

I tried to lighten the mood by texting you about my day, writing about my thoughts. Somehow, I felt like that was a mistake because that made you ache further. I thought I was trying to "normalize" things by doing so but I guess I caused you more heartache. I'm sorry, I should distant myself, it hurts me so much to see you sad. I'll wait for you to be ready to come to me. I'll not push further. I had removed and logged out all apps that reminds me of you, to refrain myself from bugging you further. I hope this is the right thing because....if it isn't. I hope you'll reach out to me. We'll wallow in our sadness together. 

And I remember when you started callin' me yours
All the play fightin', all the flirtatious disses
I'd tell you sad stories about my childhood
I don't know why I trusted you but I knew that I could
We'd spend the whole weekend lying in our own dirt
I was just so happy in your boxers and your t-shirt
Dreams, dreams
Of when we had just started things
Dreams of you and me
And it seems, it seems
That I can't shake those memories
I wonder if you have the same dreams too
The littlest things that take me there

Lily Allen, Littlest Things


Ending my sappy post with this song by Keane. Quite a gem, I must say :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment